GiveSmart Jam Sessions
Compilation of GiveSmart Jam Sessions
GiveSmart Jam Sessions
Quick conversations with fundraising professionals about how they successfully and creatively leveled-up their fundraising
Jam Sessions are quick conversation with fundraising professionals to chat about how they successfully and creatively diversified their funds. Check out past videos for more Jam Sessions on peer to peer fundraising campaigns, Giving Tuesday, and more.
Don't forget to subscribe to GiveSmart's YouTube channel for more tips on ways to raise money for nonprofits.
With the right fundraising platform and a little expert advice, you can nurture lasting relationships with donors and sponsors. To learn more visit here.
GiveSmart's mission is to help our clients reach their fundraising goals while creating an engaging, exciting, and positive giving experience for their donors. All. Year. Round.
<strong>Jam Session on #GivingTuesday
with Santa Maria Community Services
Giving Tuesday is one of the biggest global giving days in the United States, with over $2.47 billion donated in 2020. Santa Maria Community Services joins us in this Jam Session to share more on how they found success and got creative during Giving Tuesday. You can view it right here to learn more about:
- How you can stand out in the crowded space
- Why partnering with local businesses is a great idea
- How offering add-ons, like merchandise, can help you diversify and raise more
Does your #GIvingTuesday Campaign …
- … last only one day?
- … kickoff your annual appeal?
- … kickoff your gala ticket sales?
- … run as a membership drive?
- … include a wish list?
<strong>Jam Session on Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
As organizations continue to embrace virtual fundraising, try out a hybrid events model, and in-person gatherings are commonplace once more – peer-to-peer fundraising is fully back on!
Connect with the American Cancer Society, Kansas City, in this Jam Session right here to hear how they:
- Found success leveraging peer-to-peer fundraising
- Created engaging pages and inspired Champions to fundraise
- Shared dynamic enablement materials to better support their volunteers
Do you include peer-to-peer fundraising in …
- … your gala?
- … your online fundraising campaign (annual appeal, #GivingTuesday, etc) ?
- … its own standalone event (5k, marathon, walk, etc)?
- ... your golf outing?
<strong>Jam Session on What's Working in Auctions
with Giveback XP
With tens of thousands of auctions hosted via GiveSmart, our customers know a thing or two! This Jam Session with GiveBack XPshares more on how you can make your auction successful. Play this episode right now to hear more about:
- Trends in auction packages (like travel) for 2020 and beyond
- Best practices for marketing and sharing your auction
- Ways to make your virtual and hybrid live auctions great
Looking for auction tips? Look no further!
Your nonprofit peers shared more about how to best plan your auction based on where your event is happening, the number of guests you have, and more in this longer webinar on-demand.
<strong>Jam Session on Planning for Future Campaigns
with RMHC Central Ohio
To meet increased mission demands, your nonprofit may have added some fundraisers to your calendar. As you plan for the future, there are things that will forever be adapted to best cater to consumers' safety. What can you plan for in order to provide the best experience for your donors?
Don’t miss this webinar on-demand (recorded in 2020) with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio to hear more about:
- Creating yearlong sponsorships that businesses want to invest in
- Juggling 10+ campaigns at the same time
- Keeping committees engaged and excited to support your mission
How many fundraisers do you do a year?
<strong>Jam Session on Junior Boards and Associate Committees
with Hearts of Gold
Your high-level volunteers should be some of your most dedicated supporters. Are you giving them the tools to help them serve you best?
Listen to what Hearts of Gold had to say in this Jam Session on Junior Boards and Associate Committees.
They touch on:
- Why titles, roles, and volunteer job descriptions are important to define
- Why setting clear expectations is best for everyone
- How to encourage more event involvement
Your junior board probably has members from a few generations.
Our blogs on empowering Millennial and Gen Z donors may help you better navigate these relationships to best serve your mission.
<strong>Jam Session on Raffles
Raffles and other games of chance can really add excitement, engagement, and revenue to your fundraising campaigns – whether they are virtual, hybrid, or in-person. Watch this Jam Session right here as it covers:
- What makes a raffle
- Different types of raffles
- What it takes to have a successful raffle
If you want an extended conversation on games, don't miss this full webinar recording, Ahead of the Game: Fundraising games that will put you ahead of your goal.
<strong> Jam Session on the Unexpected Donor
with Reeves-Reed Arboretum
Very few major gifts are given by a donor with no relationship or prior interaction with an organization. What does happen, is that donors may give at a level your office didn’t expect. It doesn’t happen by magic, though.
Listen to this Jam Session with Reeves-Reed Arboretum to hear more about:
- The story of a generous, unexpected major gift
- Why donor stewardship can pay off big
- The value of long-standing, genuine relationships
<strong>Jam Session on Getting Buy-In from Your Board
Your highest-level volunteers should absolutely be some of your most dedicated supporters. How can you better work with them to maximize your mission impact?
Listen to this Jam Session on getting buy-in from your Board. It goes through:
- The mindset of a Board Member
- How to best leverage their expertise
- Ways to show your appreciation of Board Members
If you also have a junior board, it's probably made up of members from a few generations.
Our blogs on empowering Boomer and Gen X donors may help you better navigate these relationships to best serve your mission.ur content here…
<strong>Jam Session on Sponsorships Today
with Smiles and Beyond
There is a lot of opportunity to bring new energy to sponsorships with virtual, hybrid, and in-person options available. You have an inspiring message. How can you best frame it for company interest?
This Jam Session with Smiles and Beyond covers:
- Having the sponsorship conversation around virtual and hybrid events
- A sponsorship package offering worth copying
- Why theming and creativity can pay off big with your sponsors
“People who love to eat are always the best people.” - Julia Child
When thinking about theming and creativity, you must consider the food! Check out this guide for involving food and drink in your fundraising. Yummy!
<strong> Jam Session on Last Paddle Standing
A Paddle Raise is a mission-tied part of your program, where your whole audience (hopefully) is inspired to give. As with any part of your event, you have to keep it fresh in order to best help it grow in revenue.
Enter Last Paddle Standing.
This is an engaging twist, where the last donor at a certain amount wins a prize. Check out this Jam Session for more on:
- More on this game and its possible revenue impact
- Prize ideas to make a difference for your bottom line
- Ways to encourage participation with your guests
If you want an extended conversation on last paddle standing, don't miss this full webinar recording, Ahead of the Game: Fundraising games that will put you ahead of your goal.
<strong>Jam Session on Picking a Live Auctioneer
The right auctioneer can make a BIG impact on your live auction revenue and paddle raise. Professional auctioneers can tell you how much more they have helped the charities they work with raise. And, they do more than work the room. They have seen many, many galas, and should be able to consult on how to make your live auction shine!
This Jam Session covers:
- Why hiring a professional is key
- How to find your right fit
- Developing a communication plan
An auctioneer can only do so much without quality items.
And, we know it can feel awkward to ask for things. Everyone feels that way! But, there are things you can do to get more auction items and higher quality auction packages.
Make that ask!
<strong>Jam Session on Event Themes
Who doesn’t love a theme? It allows your audience to anticipate and feel connected to every aspect of your event. Themes give your event focus and create a bit of buzz. They can also help you center committees and boards on planning.
Don’t miss this Jam Session for more on:
- In-person events, contests, and games your guests will adore
- Fun theming ideas
- How to incorporate a theme into your event
Holidays are dripping with themes. If you're looking for some fun, engaging ideas for virtual holiday fundraising, look no further!
Read this blog for ideas around peer-to-peer, donation, impact-based, voting, and online store fundraising campaigns.
<strong> Jam Session on Incentivized Giving
Sometimes, you have to sweeten the deal to get giving going. There are lots of engaging ways to incentivize giving that ultimately benefit both you and the donor. Whether you tap into people’s like of exclusivity (sign-up parties), opportunities to win, elements of surprise, or more, incentivized giving works!
Listen to this Jam Session for more on:
- Making sure you have something for everyone
- Engaging examples
- Winning game options
Hear more about memberships and benefits from Camp One Step in this longer webinar on-demand.
You have donors who are invested in your mission. Present them with the opportunity to elevate their giving.
<strong> Jam Session on Raising More Virtually than in Person
with the Nomi Network
Can you really net more with virtual fundraising?
With lower overhead, dynamic ticketing, refreshed sponsorship levels, and more, you better believe you can! Check out this Jam Session with the NOMI Network to hear more about:
- Ways you can update your ticket and sponsorship levels to benefit your bottom line
- Adding in pre-recorded and live elements
- Ways to better manage the logistics of meal kits and shipping
<strong>Jam Session on Virtual Bingo
with the Hyacinth Foundation
B-11. Cue dancing. (If you know, you know)
While the dated image of a hall comes to mind when you think Bingo, you CAN host a dynamic version completely online. The Hyacinth Foundation had a great deal of success in fundraising and attracting new donors with their virtual Bingo games.
Don’t miss this Jam Session which goes over:
- How to create an engaging Bingo event
- Best practices and a step-by-step on making a Zoom event successful and engaging
<strong>Jam Session on Hybrid Events
with Georgetown in Brookwood
With a hybrid gala or other events, some donors will attend a limited in-person component, such as a smaller venue, board members’ homes, or outdoors at your office space, while others join in online. It allows you flexibility in planning during a time of uncertainty while providing your donors multiple options to participate without limits.
Listen to this short Jam Session with Brookwood in Georgetown to hear more about:
- How they offered ticket options for different audiences
- What exclusive elements they gave to in-person and virtual guests
- The lessons they learned during the planning
Are you tired of the same old same old at your annual golf events? We’re here to help!
<strong>Jam Session on Recurring Giving
with Olive Crest
Did you know that recurring donors give 42% more per year than those who make a one-time gift?
A recurring donor’s lifetime impact is significantly more than a onetime donor. Imagine what it would mean if you could convert even a small percentage of first-time donors to recurring donors.
Check out this Jam Session with Olive Crest on recurring giving for more on:
- How this strategy works both virtually and in-person
- Ways to make it fun with incentives
- The extended benefits of recurring giving (it is more than just that dollar amount!)
<strong>Jam Session on Fundraising with a Short Timeline
with Operation Freedom Paws
Can you stand up a fundraiser quickly AND have success?
You sure can!
And, sometimes emergency funding is needed, so you have to!
Listen in on this Jam Session with Operation Freedom Paws to hear how choosing GiveSmart ensured they could fundraise on a short timeline. It covers:
Why Quick campaign turnarounds are made easy with GiveSmart
Why GiveSmart's 24/7 Support Team is the real MVP!
How GiveSmart's resources to helped them prepare in advance made event night smooth
Find your Route to (Fundraising) Success!
In this guide, you’ll find a suitcase full of resources that show that no matter if you turn left or right, take the expressway or the road less traveled, you and your organization can reach your destination and fulfill your mission!
<strong>Jam Session on Google Analytics
<strong>Jam Session on GiveSmart's Fundraising Accelerator
<strong>Jam Session Creative Year-End Campaigns
With Fighting Children's Cancer Foundation